If you use computers regularly you will probably have a lot of personal information, such as banking details and personal correspondence, stored on your computer. You must make sure that this information cannot be seen by other people without your permission. You also need to ensure that this information cannot be damaged, altered or deleted.
In this lesson, we will look at how you can protect your computer hardware, software and data from damage, loss or theft.
On completion of the lesson you will be able to:
- Explain computer security and privacy.
- Identify natural threats to your computer.
- Identify measures to protect your computer from natural threats.
- Identify threats to your computer from human actions.
- Identify measures to protect your computer against threats from human actions.
Next: Computer Security Basics