The steps are as follows:
- Click the Start button, followed by Control Panel, System and Security and then Windows Update.
- In the left pane of the Windows Update window click Check for updates.
- In Download and install updates for your computer, click X important updates are available, then click Optional in the left pane and select any Optional updates you wish to install.
- Click OK at the bottom of the window, then click Install Updates on the next screen.
- In the left pane of the Windows Update window click Change settings, then select one of the following:
- Click Install updates automatically (recommended) to download and install security updates automatically at a predefined time and frequency.
- Click Download updates but let me choose whether to install them.
- Click Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them.
- Click Never check for updates (not recommended) to disable automatic updates.
- Click OK.
Next: Computer Ethics